Next Page: Employment Location
Following ACO course graduates will complete operational conversion training as follows:
- ACCAL-Fast Jet graduates will first complete introductory fast jet training on the Hawk aircraft at 76SQN, RAAF Base Williamtown. Following this, F/A-18F conversion training will be conducted at 6SQN, RAAF Base Amberley;
- MPR graduates will complete AP-3C operational conversion training which is conducted over 6 months at 292SQN, RAAF Edinburgh; and
- ABM graduates will complete ABM operational conversion training which is conducted over 5 weeks at SACTU, RAAF Williamtown before going on to undertake either:
- AEW&C (Wedgetail) operational conversion training conducted over 6 to 8 months at 2SQN, RAAF Williamtown; or
- 41 Wing operational conversion training conducted over 4 weeks at SACTU, RAAF Williamtown.
ACOs will also continue to develop professional combat air power and command skills throughout their career. This will be achieved through operational experience, Professional Military Education and Training events and facilitated self-learning.