Thousands of proud Australians serve in part-time ADF roles. They enjoy rewards ranging from tax-free pay to the satisfaction of doing worthwhile work that 'gives something back'.
Rewarding work that makes a difference
In the Navy, Army or Air Force Reserve you'll support the full-time resources of the ADF in a fully-trained capacity. You may choose a role that complements and builds on your day job, or you may prefer something completely different.
Either way you'll be available for duty when your country needs you, and may get involved in fulfilling activities such as disaster relief operations in Australia and overseas.
Flexible commitment and special benefits
The amount of time you commit to the Reserve will depend on the role and service you choose, but may range from 20 to 100 days each year. We adopt a flexible approach and ensure that Reserve activity fits in with your work and family commitments.
In return for serving your country, you'll benefit from:
- tax-free daily pay and allowances
- expert training in your trade or profession
- free food and accommodation when serving
- free medical and dental on deployment
- a team environment where you'll make friends for life, and
- travel, adventure and memorable experiences.